It's finally time for a third beta of AndroIRC 4. This release fixes a lot of issues reported with the beta 2, and add a new feature: support for Blowfish CBC!
You should receive an update on your phone in the next hours. If you are not currently a beta tester, you'll need to follow two very simple steps:
- First, you need to join the AndroIRC beta testing Google+ community
- Next, you need to opt-in to become a tester, using this url: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.androirc
That's all! Once it's done, you'll receive the update on your device! Please note that as long as you are an AndroIRC tester, you won't be able to rate or comment on the AndroIRC Play Store page!
As always, if you want to report some issues or bugs, please use our support page. The full changelog for this release can be found at the bottom of this post.
Have fun with AndroIRC!
- [UI] Themes support. See this wiki page for more details.
- [UI] New UserList. Performances when the channel has a large number of users should be improved
- [UI] Action Bar support for device prior to Honeycomb
- [UI] Dynamic menu: what is shown when opening the menu now depends on the active channel / server
- [UI] New "Reconnect" menu in actions
- [UI] Refactored some dialogs. An error popup will be shown when a specific format is expected and the input is wrong
- [UI] New "auto-capitalize" and "auto-correct" options
- [UI] Better support for tablets
- [IRC] Better parsing of raw 252, 253 254 and 303
- [IRC] Rewritten networking support: users should experience better network stability
- [Settings] Ability to hide join / leave / quit messages
- [Settings] Proxy support
- [Global] Support for Blowfish CBC encryption algorithm
- [Global] The application now uses Fragments. It should improve application stability and reduce RAM usage
- [Global] New icons for menu
- [Global] New translations
- [Global] Android JellyBean support
- [Global] New in-app-billing support for purchasing premium
- [Global] User list can be shown by a gutter drag (swipping left from the right edge of the screen)
- [Major] Fixed lag on ICS+
- fixed crash when closing server with SSL connection
- reduced RAM usage when opening a lot of channels / servers
- reduced RAM usage when a channel was opened for a long time
- many bugs fix
- Possible issue with NickServ auto-authentication