- FiSH support ! As FiSH needs Blowfish in order to encrypt / decrypt, FiSH support is limited to devices running Android 2.3 or above.
- History support: by default, the latest 20 typed messages are stored. You can navigate through history using the up / down key (the DPAD also works!)
- Nick completion: just press the search button while typing, and it will automatically complete your nick. Press search again to cycle through nicks.
- Redesigned user list. A long press on a nick append the nick in the textbox, while clicking on it show a little menu.
- Partial Android 3.0 Honeycomb support
- Support for irc:// links in Android browser
- A quick start dialog when first launching AndroIRC, and a what's new dialog when upgrading
- BNC support
- /me & queries issues
- fling / gestures are now less sensitive
- better detection of network connection, and better handling of connection lost and reconnection
- better disconnection from servers
- bugs fix
Unfortunately, Android 1.5 is no longer supported. You'll have to stay with AndroIRC 2, or upgrade to a newer Android version.
We have migrate our server to a more powerful one. That was the occasion to make some improvement to the website, and to bring you a mobile version of this website. You can find it at http://m.androirc.com. If you visit the site with a mobile, you'll automatically be redirected to the mobile version!
We have also switched from bugzilla to redmine. As a consequence, all the opened issues are lost, but they were (hopefully) all fixed. You can still report bugs here (account needed). The wiki has also moved and was updated: still here.
AndroIRC is currently available in English, French, Czech, Swedish and Dutch. You can help us translating AndroIRC! All you have to do is to create a account here, and register to the AndroIRC project here. We are counting on you !Enjoy AndroIRC.