Finally. It's been almost two years since the last AndroIRC release on the Play Store. During this time, we had unfortunately less time to spend in developing AndroIRC, as we (my brother and I) have both a full-time job.
Nevertheless, AndroIRC 4.0 is now officially available in the Play Store ! If you have a device running Android 2.3+, you should receive the update soon!
There's a lot of news features, and a lot of bug fixes in this release. You can find a (more or less) complete list below.
We want to thanks all our translators which, as always, did an amazing jobs translating your favorite app in your language! And of course, a big thanks to you!
Enjoy this release !
- [UI] Themes support. See this wiki page for more details.
- [UI] New UserList. Performances when the channel has a large number of users should be improved
- [UI] Action Bar support for device prior to Honeycomb
- [UI] Dynamic menu: what is shown when opening the menu now depends on the active channel / server
- [UI] New "Reconnect" menu in actions
- [UI] Refactored some dialogs. An error popup will be shown when a specific format is expected and the input is wrong
- [UI] New "auto-capitalize" and "auto-correct" options
- [UI] Better support for tablets
- [IRC] Support for International Domain Names
- [IRC] Better parsing of raw 252, 253 254 and 303
- [IRC] Rewritten networking support: users should experience better network stability
- [Settings] Ability to hide join / leave / quit messages
- [Settings] Proxy support
- [Global] Support for Blowfish CBC encryption algorithm
- [Global] The application now uses Fragments. It should improve application stability and reduce RAM usage
- [Global] New icons for menu
- [Global] New translations
- [Global] Android JellyBean and KitKat support
- [Global] New in-app-billing support for purchasing premium
- [Global] User list can be shown by a gutter drag (swipping left from the right edge of the screen)
- [Major] Fixed lag on ICS+
- fixed crash when closing server with SSL connection
- reduced RAM usage when opening a lot of channels / servers
- reduced RAM usage when a channel was opened for a long time
- many bugs fix
- Possible issue with NickServ auto-authentication